Notice of Intended Marry form (NOIM) by Perth Wedding Celebrant

Caversham House, Caversham, Perth Wedding Celebrant, Marriage CertificateTo be married in Australia the first document the Marriage Celebrant needs from the Marrying couple is the Notice of Intended Marry form.  This document is also known as the NOIM.

It is a document that the Celebrant will have a blank copy of but can also be downloaded from the Australian Governments Website.

The NOIM must be filled out by the marrying couple with their signatures witnessed by an authorized person and must be received by the Marriage Celebrant more than a month (A month and a day) before the wedding day.

Once you have filled out the NOIM you will need to get your signature witnessed by an authorised person on the form.  Usually you will be in front of the celebrant at this time but if you are not there are other Authorised persons you can use:

Here is the statement on the NOIM indication who the Authorised persons are:

  “an authorized celebrant, a Commissioner for Declarations, a justice of the peace, a barrister or solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, or a member of the federal police or state or territory police.”

 “if a party signs the notice outside Australia – an Australian Diplomatic officer, an Australian Consular Officer, an employee of the Commonwealth authorized under paragraph 3 © of the Consular Fees Act 1955, an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorized under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955 or a notary public.”

 Once you have filled out the NOIM, your signatures are witnessed by the Authorised person you must then get the NOIM to the Celebrant. 

If you have signed in front of the Celebrant they will take the NOIM and your marriage is known as “lodged”.  However if you are not with the Celebrant you will need to send to the Celebrant and they must receive the NOIM at least a month before (A month and a day) before the wedding day.

You can scan or fax the NOIM to the celebrant and they can accept it as “lodged” from that moment. However you must at some stage give the original NOIM to the celebrant as the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages will not register the Marriage without the original NOIM.

It is also acceptable for only One person to sign the NOIM if both are unable to. However the second party must sign the NOIM at some stage before the wedding day.

For more information on the NOIM you can have a look at these websites:

Brad Whitelock, Perth Marriage Celebrant.

Recommended Posts
Contact Us

Please send me an email.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search

Wedding Ceremony, Caversham House, Caversham, Perth Wedding CelebantCity beach, Wedding Ceremony, Perth Wedding Celebrant