Marketing for Celebrants at an Australian Marriage Celebrants (AMC) meeting in Perth
Marketing is a way Marriage Celebrants can let the couples of Perth now about their Celebrant services. It is always a challenge to know the best ways to do this so I recently presented to some Wedding Celebrants in Perth at a recent AMC (Australian Marriage Celebrants) meeting on how to market to the couples in Perth.
We looked at 3 areas:
Firstly USP (Unique Selling Points), who are your targets and how to target our couples.
Unique Selling Points: short statement and how to brand.
We talked amongst ourselves about some examples and then tried to devise some as a group.
Who are our couples, what attributes do they have.
We looked at our couples and what features they may have such as age, where they live, do they have children, etc…
We looked at some simple marketing strategies for celebrants:
- Business cards.
- Social networking such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Where to advertise such as on-line, ie: Easy weddings.
- Print media! Is this a thing of the past?
- Using your Cpanel from your website to monitor your traffic.
- Experiential Marketing:
- Show your couples you have experience by attending wedding expos, using YouTube, Facebook.
- Network marketing:
- Build up a network of suppliers.
- Use Facebook to build up a network of past brides and current suppliers.
- Referral Marketing:
- Word of mouth is best.
- Get reviews from your couples.
- You can get reviews via email, facebook or online surveys such as survey monkey.
Special mention to Pamela Murray-Jones for the use of her ebook on marketing. I gave Pamela’s details out to the celebrants if they wanted to purchase the ebook.
The Australian Marriage Celebrants (AMC) meet about 4 times a year in Perth to network and exchange ideas. For more information or you are a Perth Wedding Celebrant you can contact Brad Whitelock on 0431 974 608 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brad Whitelock, Perth Wedding Celebrants.