Social Media Workshop in Perth attended by Perth Wedding Celebrants
On the 13th of June the Australian Marriage Celebrants had pleasure in putting together a workshop on Social Media for the Wedding Celebrants of Perth. The workshop was presented by some leaders in this field in Perth, Office on the Go.
Brad Whitelock introduced the speakers to the large gathering of Perth Wedding Celebrants and from there we where introduced to the wonderful world of Facebook and Social media. Here are some of the topics covered by the Social Media experts.
Importance of Social Media:
- 600 tweets per second.
- 31 Billion searches on Google per day.
- 1 Billion Internet devices in use worldwide.
- 91% of Perth people have a FB account.
- Perth is No 16 in FB penetration in the world.
- Gen X: 1964-1986
- Gen y: 1986 –
- Grew up with technology
- 15% get all their information through Social media (SM)
- Communication is predominantly through email, text and PM (private message).
Perception and Social Media:
- It is important we understand how our customers see us.
- Are you involved and committed to your customers.
- Is your content current and relevant to your profession.
- Have a list or network of professional contacts.
- Use posts that ‘add value’
- Are you professional and informative.
Client involvement in Social media
Are you available to be contacted
Do you stand out
Office on the Go discussed the differences between a profile and a business page
Starter steps to building an online presence
The importance of your Username
Using Links effectively
How to maintain your site
Dealing with the negatives
Using the positives
Maintaining professionalism despite a negative response on your site
Advertising your services
The workshop was brought to you by the Australian Marriage Celebrants. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Australian Celebrant organisation or attend one of our regular meetings please contact Brad Whitelock, Perth Wedding Celebrant on 0431 974 608 or email at email@example.com